[ MOE ] The Guideline for Establishment of Research Ethics (Revision Nov. 3, 2015)
The Guideline for Establishment of Research Ethics
(Instruction of the Ministry of Education No. 153, Revision Nov. 3, 2015)
Chapter 1: General Rules
Article 1 (Purpose) This guideline has the delegation of Article 15 of the Academic Promotion Act and provides the basic principles and directions for researchers and universities to adhere to their roles and responsibilities in research ethics to prevent research misconduct.
Article 2 (Definition) The definitions of terms used in this guideline are as follows
1. “Researcher” : all researchers as defined in Article 2 and Paragraph 5 of the Academic Promotion Act
2. “University” : includes universities, research institutes, and other academic communities defined in Article 2 and Paragraph 2, Article 3 and 4, Article 5 and Paragraph 2 of the Academic Promotion Act
3. “Specialized Agency” : includes agencies that support, fund, manage, and oversee researchers and research institutes
4. “Research Raw data” : all pre-processing data and literature collected through experiments, observations, and surveys for achieving research goals
5. “Research Data” : Data that processed all research raw data and secondary data and literature that use them
6. “Research Results” : A systematic conclusion derived from research data obtained through research activities
7. “Research Output” : Academic work and intellectual property such as reports, papers, publications, books (monographs) that describe the final results of researchers’ research activities
Article 3 (Subjects and Methods)
① Universities and research institutes conducting any of the following projects should follow this guideline set forth in Chapter 2, 3, 4, and 5
1. Academic funding projects mentioned in Article 5 of the Academic Promotion Act
2. Projects from the Ministry of Education in Article 6 and 14 of the Basic Research Promotion and Technology Development Support Act
3. Projects from the Ministry of Education beyond the above Paragraph 1 and 2
4. Other projects in need of this guideline, judged by the Minister of Education
② Universities and research institutes that participate in projects that originate outside a National or Government agency, and that promote their own research projects without National or Government fund, may refer to Chapter 2, 3 and 4 of this guideline to autonomously enact their own rules.
③ When universities and research institutes have no existing rules, they can adapt Chapter 2, 3, and 4 of this guideline to solve their research ethics issues in their own research projects and other research projects funded by a National or Government agency and any outside organization, not by the Ministry of Education. “Their own research projects” include publication of degree theses, research projects funded only by universities or/and specialized agencies themselves. “Other research projects funded by a National or Government agency and any outside organization, not by the Ministry of Education” include research projects consigned by a National or Government agency, except the Ministry of Education, private corporations and organizations.
Translation by Center for Research Ethics Information
See attached file below
|첨부파일|| The Guideline for Establishment of Research Ethics.pdf